2017 was a year with both ups and downs, but I set myself some travel goals, to continue to visit new places around the globe this year.
- In February, I returned to Spain, but this time to Barcelona, with my football hat on, to take my father to a FC Barcelona match. Read about the trip here
- In March, I watched my cousin and his wife get married on the beautiful island of Mauritius, Read more here about attending a destination wedding, attending a traditional tamil wedding and tips on being a wedding guest abroad.
- In June, I celebrated my birthday in Bali, Indonesia. Read more about how I spent my birthday in Bali here
- In August, I visited Marrakesh in Morocco for my final trip abroad for the year. Read more about our girls trip here.
I moved home in between trips – which was a big task, and I’m still not quite sure how I did it, but being an Event Manager certainly helps with organisational tasks!
- There were a few trips to UK Cities such as Manchester and Liverpool also.
My only shortcoming? ( I won’t say regret – because I feel things certainly do happen for a reason) but, it was not getting myself in gear in securing a trip away for New Years Eve.
I’ve been incredibly fortunate to have been able to do all the above, and none have been possible without hard work, some savvy saving, finding great deals and missing out on some unnecessary spending at key times!
I hope your 2017 was full of memories that you remember forever, and you have more of those in 2018! Life is always about experiences and if you can create as many good experiences for yourself as possible, it can be life changing.
Thank you for all your support and questions in 2017 – I hope I’ve helped you in some way with your travels!
Happy New Year!!